On the 5th of April 2015 a YouTube channel named Unfavorable Semicircle started uploading strange videos. Generally the videos:
- Are 5 seconds long
- Have a man's voice saying a letter or number
- Have a solid background with a colour pixel in the frame
All Videos (new & old) are typically named with the astrological symbol for Sagittarius, ♐.
The initial videos from were titled with 6 random digits, occasionally fewer. Ar round the 14th of Feb 2015 videos titled "♐BRILL" followed by a number counting up were posted.
At approximately 2016-02-25 15:40 EST, the UnfavorableSemicircle YouTube account was suspended for TOS violations - most likely from uploading many videos very fast.
On the 15th of March 2016 Garbled text was discovered on the Google+ page linked with the terminated YouTube account. This was decoded to be source of a Twitter page and also contained a link to a new YouTube account. Both these accounts are named Unfavorable Semi
The twitter account is mostly posting videos titled as "♐LEE" followed by a number counting up, occasionally this counter has started and restated from seemingly random points. It has also been seen to post Tweets without videos, that have pointed to videos on the associated YouTubebe channel,
The new YouTube channel has posted a small number of regular videos, as well as:
- ♐RELOCK: Is 27:30, has flash frames that resemble other videos and has strange scratchy/harsh audio.
- ♐BRILL 49999: Is 22:04, has flash frames that resemble other videos and has strange audio.
- ♐N* BRILL: Is almost 7 hours long, and appears to have all the BRILL videos from the terminated channel
- ♐BRILL 49999: This is a regular video, but has the same name as the interesting BRILL 49999
- ♐REDLOC: Is 4:31, has coloured dots/lines that come and go, the audio sounds highly distorted.
The original YouTube had some anomalous videos:
- ♐LOCK: Is 27:24 and is random digital audio patterns and mostly black video with occasional flash frames that resemble the other videos.
- ♐DELOCK: Is 2:52 is the same random audio and is a pattern of white perpendicular lines and flashing RGB pixels overlaid.
- ♐PER: Is :15 of more glitchy audio but it sounds a bit more analog. The video is a gradient of purple and white that moves in random patterns from top to bottom in a loop.
- ♐QUOT: Is :10 of white dots on a pulsing purple background, audio is scratchy. It was uploaded between ♐BRILL 24000 and ♐BRILL 24001, right between the two.
- Alternate Reality Game. - Most likely as of writing.
- Number station or clandestine communication channel
- Automated test operations. - Unlikely from what we've seen.
- Trolling or work of abstract art
- Recruitment puzzle (employment / secret society / cult)
- Viral marketing campaign. - Has been going to long for this to be likely.
- Work of a disturbed mind.
- Mundane automated script run amok. - Unlikely because it continued since being banned from Youtube.